Featured Property

2 bathrooms 1 Garage

The Hartings,
Bognor Regis

2 bed house with garage. Ground floor – Lounge / diner, kitchen with back door leading in to garden. First floor offers two good sized bedrooms, modern bathroom with shower over bath. Gas central heating and UPVC double glazed windows, garage and rear garden.

£825 PCM

Health & Safety Regulations

There are a number of regulations that have been introduced to ensure the safety of tenants within rented accommodation. A few of these regulations are highlighted below but this list is by no means exhaustive and we can provide further information upon request.

Gas safety

Gas Safety (installation and use) Regulation 1998

This regulation applies to all gas appliances, gas pipe work and flues in the property and requires that any gas works carried must be done so by a Gas Safe registered engineer. The rented property must have an annual check carried out by a Gas Safe engineer and a certificate supplied to the tenant before the tenancy commenced and thereafter annually.

Electric equipment regulation

Electrical Equipment (Safety) Regulation 1994

There are no specific regulations relating to electrical safety in the same way that there is for gas safety (i.e. an annual check). However the regulations require that all electrical equipment supplied must be safe, not cause a danger and comply with current UK requirements. Therefore it is recommended that landlords have all electrical appliances and wiring, sockets and plugs checked before the start of a tenancy.

Smoke detector

Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarm (England) Regulation 2015

As from 1st October 2015 all rented properties must have at least one smoke alarm installed on every floor and a carbon monoxide alarm in any room containing a solid fuel burning appliance. The landlord must ensure that all alarms are working at the beginning of each tenancy.

Fire resistant

Furniture & Furnishings (Fire)(Safety) Regulations 1988 (amended 1989 & 1993)

Any furnishing and furniture supplied must comply with regulations concerning fire resistance and they must display labels confirming the match test standard.


Energy Performance Certificate

When a dwelling is being let an EPC Certificate will be required to form part of the marketing material and as from 1st October 2015 all new tenancies must be issued with an EPC certificate prior to a tenancy commencing. Failure to do so will result in the landlord being unable to rely upon the Section 21 notice to regain possession of the property.

Useful links: